Sunday, January 27, 2008

I was not always a presuppositionlist and about three years ago I had never really heard of the word. But when I started to read thinkers on this method I was convinced that it was the most Biblical method to defend the Faith. One must presupose that God exists to explain reality as whole. If reality as a whole, of which I am part of is not rational or meaninful then any thinking about reality is irrational and meaningless. So for me to understand my self in a rational world there must be a rational mind behind the universe or I am left with my meaningless abstract thoughts labeling an impersonal irrational world. ( more will be said latter)

The thinkers that have shaped my mind the most in apologetics have been,

Cornelius VanTil, John Frame and Greg Banhsen.

This thinkers have done their homework...Van Til's work is what the other two base most of their thinking on. John Frame writes about things that are so deep in a way that is so understanding. That is the gift of a teacher. As for Greg Bahnsen, well this man was just out of this world when it comes to understanding worldviews. This is why Bahnsen has been called the man Atheists fear. Sadley he died a few years ago.

some books I recommend are,
John Frame,
Doctrine of God, Doctrine of the Knowledge of God, Apologetics to the Glory of God, Cornelius Van Til An Analysis of his thought.

Greg Bahnsen
Van Til's Apologetic Readings & Analysis, Pushing the Antithesis, Always Ready.

Cornelius Van Til
A Survey of Christain Epistemology, An Introduction to Systematic Theology.

Another new thinker is Ralph Smith with his book "Trinity and Reality.

No comments: