Monday, April 28, 2008

Same Sex Marriage, where does it lead to? (Part1)

In this post, I want to try and get us to think on the subject of same sex marriages and where it will lead society in the end. I know there will be a few who will start reading this and start labeling me, Intolerant, Homophobic and Dogmatic just because I bring the question up. But to be honest every one of those labels fails in describing me and my purpose in writing this post. To say that I am intolerant of people’s view, is to imply that the one disagreeing with me is tolerant of other peoples views. But this can not be the case if you will not tolerate my view to not accept same sex marriages. In fact you are just as intolerant as I am made out to be. The truth is, that the meaning of being intolerant has no meaning what’s so ever unless there is an absolute standard of right and wrong to which being intolerant is being judge against. And as any Christian will ask “Where does that objective standard come from”. As I have always said, if reality as a whole does not have its own interpretation and meaning to it, then us humans are lift to invent our own principles and rules. But if this world is a rational meaningful world then there is a rational mind behind it who has design things to act according to a correct way to function, which manifests the highest good. Either marriage is based in God’s created order of a man and women, who have a powerful connection to fit together on many levels to manifest love and faithfulness and procreation, or marriage is just a human construction shaped and modeled after our own inventions.
Also the label that I am Homophobic is also false, as I am not scared of homosexuals or fear them or hate them (I have friends who are that way), I just disagree with them. Nor am I any more dogmatic then they are in standing for what I believe.
If marriage is just a social construction then there is really no way that one can object to any marital union. If marriage is just about people being together who love each other, who can condemn the family on 60 Minutes the other day where a Father was sleeping with his daughter and had already given birth to two children. I mean does it not sound strange that the Child’s father was his Dad and also his Grandfather at the same time. I mean many people who watch the program were all condemning them, but on what bases is it wrong if marriage is just about two people who love each other.
When traditional marriage is merely a social construction, no principled reason keeps the state from permitting virtually any marital union. For example, marital arrangements that include two brothers, two sisters, a mother and son, a father and a son, a mother and a daughter, or a grandfather and a grandson, would be consistent with the philosophical assumptions undergirding the same sex marriage defense.
And this is not all, Nor is a polygamous marriage of one man and numerous spouses, which also may include his mother, his grandmother, his grandfather, as well as his adult daughter and son, inconsistent with the same sex marriage worldview. I mean where does it end, does marriage not stand for anything anymore? What about those who are bisexual and cant live with just one spouse of the same sex, why should he/she not be able to marry the ones he or she loves. Also why can’t some one marry their pets, why should we be dogmatic on speciesism. Shouldn’t we tolerate all species?

In the end we open the door, to complete ciaos, and reduce marriage to nothing. Does not marriage demonstrate some thing more profound than just sleeping with any thing in a number of different combinations. If same sex marriage is just a human invention, then why cant the rest of the examples be established if its just based on love and sex and no designed order.
Does nothing in this universe have a correct way to function?

No comments: